POSITION: Youth Advocate
REPORTS TO: Shelter Manager
HOURS: This is a Part-Time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of the programs with some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: $16.00 to $18.00
BASIC DUTIES: The Youth Advocate is expected to provide nurturing care and management of youth in every living requirement. Duties include but not limited to: completing intake and discharge paperwork, supervising recreational activities, supervising and helping with daily chores, participating in group outings, coordinating with volunteers, maintaining client files, and follow CCL regulations.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Must be able and wiling to provide emergency hot-line counseling and suicide prevention support
- Supervise clients/volunteers in a positive, caring manner to make sure staff work together as a cohesive group
- Maintain confidentiality at all times regarding client and staff files and information about clients and/or staff
- Supervise, monitor and mentor youth clientele in a professional manner, in accordance with licensing and policies of the agency; client safety is a priority and clients must be accounted for all times
- Facilitate groups with clients assigned by Shelter Manager
- Answer phones, take messages/make calls: follow up, referrals, parents / guardians
- Must be able to pass CPR and First Aid Training, Pass a physical and a TB Test
- Be open and Honest about any convictions
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Pass a background check
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
To Apply: Email resume tor Nike@familyassist.org or Fatima@familyassist.org