POSITION: Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
LOCATION: Victorville, CA
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Schedule is 8 hours a day; from Monday to Friday.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $20 – $25 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: The Human Resource Manager reports directly to the COO and is responsible for coordinating human resources functions for Family Assistance Program. Provides leadership and direction in the area of HR in a nonprofit environment. Develops, maintains, and carries out all phases the of human resources activity by supporting organizational growth, development, and change. Additionally, they ensure that all facilities adhere to company policies, and local, state, and federal employment laws. Typical duties include employee relations, training and development, on boarding, performance management, compliance, payroll processing and reporting.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter via email HR@familyassist.org
Opening Date: 11/22/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Works with management and in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Assists in investigations of employee relations issues.
- Ensures Family Assistance Program is FLSA compliant.
- Files EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Coordinate open enrollments, changes, and training for employee insurance and benefits programs.
- Administer the additions & deletion.
- Update the systems with additions or deletion.
Staffing & Recruiting:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborate with Leadership team to develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Identify future staffing needs.
- Recruits, and prescreens applicants to fill vacant positions.
- Conducts new employee orientations/onboarding to foster positive attitude toward organizational goals.
- Enters new hire paperwork as well as status changes into BBSI system.
- Update records of new staff.
Training & Development:
- Develop and maintain talent management processes.
- Conducts training when requested.
- Work with the managers on creating training programs as needed.
- Keep employees’ files up to date with required training.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling.
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
- Managing electronic timekeeping systems and reviewing timesheets.
- Monitor promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Ensure that payroll goes out in timely manner.
- Reviewing and posting Timesheets.
- Processing any deductions or additions.
- Processing any salary changes on the system.
- Process and maintain records of regular deductions from employee payments. This can include garnishing, healthcare and other deductions.
- Answer and resolve payroll questions for employees
- Maintain employee personnel records.
- Creating processes & procedures that support the HR department.
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
- Participates in safety committee.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrating ability to run the HR department independently.
- Awareness of OSHA regulations and compliance
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations.
- PHR certificate or equivalent.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- Experience working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and comfortable with change and ambiguity. Anticipates and strategically plans for changing business needs
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.