Human Trafficking Case Manager
Job Announcement: HT Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Shelter Manager
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Provide direct case management services and advocacy for youth who are victims of human trafficking.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Client Services
- Perform initial intake assessment of all clients
- Identify and address clients physical and mental health issues.
- Identify and address other needs of clients and make appropriate referrals
- Develop individual treatment plan based on client’s goals and objectives
- Conduct weekly/monthly case management reviews with clients to encourage, support and evaluate client’s participation in their treatment plan
- Plan and lead recreational activities for individuals and household
- Assist with facilitating support groups.
- Provide positive redirection, intervention and alternatives when needed to assist participants in overcoming challenging situations
- Transport, accompany and support clients to court and other appointments when needed
- Create chore list and follow up on completion of chores
- Assist with trainings and speaking engagements to educate on human trafficking
- Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
- Attend biweekly case management meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must pass background check
- Understanding of human trafficking a plus
- Experience working with victims of human trafficking a plus
- Completion of 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate Training a plus (we will provide training if not completed)