Youth Shelter Manager
POSITION: Youth Shelter Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino City
HOURS: This is an Exempt position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: $28 an hour. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Coordinates and implements directives to oversee the youth shelter’s staff and services, managing day-to-day activities and operations of the shelter, and ensuring the cohesive implementation of residential client services. Ensures the shelter facility and operations maintain compliance with agency policies and procedures, local, state, contractual, and licensing mandated regulations.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to HR Department via email HR@familyassist.org
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 11/24/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible and accountable for all daily operations that take place at the shelter.
- Supervises staff to ensure accomplishment of grant-stated program goals and objectives.
- Ensures that staff meets all agency and licensing personnel requirements to work in the facility.
- Directs, reviews and monitors each shift worked daily to ensure program/operational compliance, quality services provision, and appropriate client file documentation.
- Completes staff evaluations and ensures that new staff are scheduled for appropriate on-the-job training.
- Ensures all staff meets yearly training requirements required by CCL.
- Recruits, supervises and recognizes direct report and volunteers; terminates staff and volunteers as necessary.
- Manages and evaluates operations (i.e. client intake, shelter file documentation, program development, data collection, reporting, staff scheduling, and staff assignments) to ensure compliance with Community Care Licensing (CCL) Title 22 Group Home Regulations, alignment with EOC and Sanctuary and youth services program objectives, and overall effectiveness of operations and service delivery.
- Conducts client intakes and check-outs. Assess immediate crisis needs of clients.
- Documents shelter happenings and client activities as necessary.
- Oversees shelter environment and activities, facilities problem solving for in-house conflicts and crisis, encourages and models appropriate shelter interactions.
- Ensures adequate food supply and oversees meal preparation as needed.
- Transport, accompany and support clients to appointments when needed.
- Oversee chore list and follow up on completion of chores
- Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years senior management experience.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
- Experience working with an ethnically diverse population and for a homless and/or youth program highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of welfare and Institutions Code and other laws affecting children and families in the state of California preferred.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|