POSITION: Youth Advocate – My Place Youth Shelter
REPORTS TO: Shelter Manager
LOCATION: Victorville, CA
HOURS: This is a Part-Time position for overnight shift. Evenings and weekends shifts will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $18 an hour, depending on Experience.
BASIC DUTIES: The Youth Advocate is expected to provide nurturing care and management of youth in everyday living requirement. Duties include but not limited to: completing intake and discharge paperwork, supervising recreational activities, supervising and helping with daily chores, participating in group outings, coordinating with volunteers, and maintaining client files.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Shelly Thomas, our Shelter Manager, via email to email@example.com
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 6/25/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Must be able and willing to provide emergency hot-line counseling and suicide prevention support
- Supervise clients/volunteers in a positive, caring manner to make sure staff work together as a cohesive group
- Maintain confidentiality at all times regarding client and staff files and information about clients and/or staff
- Supervise, monitor and mentor youth clientele in a professional manner, in accordance with licensing (refer to Title 22) and policies of the agency; client safety is a priority and clients must be accounted for all times
- Facilitate groups with clients assigned by Shelter Manager
- Answer phones, take messages/make calls: follow up, referrals, parents / guardians
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a genuine respect for and interest in youth and their families.
- Ability to put into practice all aspects of Positive Youth Development (training will be provided) and demonstrate respect for client’s rights and safety.
- Former Foster Youth is a plus, but must be at least 21 years old.
- Must attend orientation
- Ability to complete the required training and incorporate the techniques taught
- Must be able to pass CPR and First Aid Training
- Pass a physical and a TB Test.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.