TAY Case Manager
POSITION: TAY Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino City, CA
HOURS: This is a full-time position, hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $18- $20 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully passing probation period, benefits will include: sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Works independently, and as part of a team, in providing holistic and comprehensive case management services to homeless youth. Including intake assessment, independent living skills assessment, benefit assessment, goal setting, weekly case management development, progress monitoring, advocacy, and referrals. Facilitate groups on aspects of independent living using Casey Life Skills curricula.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to HR Department via email HR@familyassist.org
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 9/29/22
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Meeting with clients weekly, creating and maintaining individual client goals.
- Connect client with needed and available community resources. Follow-up with client and agencies to document use/success of referral.
- Ensuring appropriate emergency shelter resources are made available to client such as, counseling, support groups, and classes.
- Address client issues and concerns, working as a liaison with shelter manager.
- Ensure that all documents submitted on behalf of a client are valid.
- Conduct intake interviews and asses each client upon entry to the program for needs, strengths and independent living skills. Identify the level of need for medical/dental, social, educational needs and support and coordinate supports and resources with System Navigator
- Provide clients with referrals and resources, then assists clients in application and follow up, while collaborating with System Navigator
- Create linkage between TAY Transitional Living youth and resources and groups at the Drop in Centers.
- Responds to security concerns appropriately, and documents observations and actions taken.
- Input client data into Apricot and HMIS
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluation, and evaluation.
- Identifies repairs and/or household needs and coordinates with maintenance or others to ensure needs are met, and is not above motivating and teaching youth, and participating in, indoor and outdoor upkeep and cleaning
- Completes and maintains case notes and documents service statistics.
- Facilitates safety of residents by doing periodic inspections, teaching fire safety, and conducting regular fire drills.
- Attends community resource meetings to learn potential resources.
- Other tasks assigned by the manager.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high-risk population, as well as an understanding of Trauma-Informed and Harm Reduction approaches with residents.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to establish rapport.
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving their goals.
- Ability to complete the required training and incorporate the techniques taught
- Must be able to pass CPR and First Aid Training
- Pass a background check.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and working vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at time of onboarding.
Survivors encouraged to apply.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|