POSITION: Systems Navigator
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino City, CA
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of programs, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $20 – $22 an hour, depending on experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Provide housing and wraparound systems navigation advocacy to address service barriers for youth, provide referrals, monitor service implementation, provide case management follow-ups. Develop relationships with community partners and facilitate community trainings. Connect with community partners and social service agencies to raise awareness of issues surrounding youth at risk of, or experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity. Manage and direct drop-in center staff, and volunteers.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to James Bolas, our Youth Services Manager, via email email@example.com
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 6/17/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure youth participants will receive assistance with completing application for FASFA, TNAF, apartments rentals, etc.
- Work with partners to identify needs of youth and develop relationships with community partners able to meet those needs.
- Identify, and coordinate community, school and street-based outreach programs to youth and TAY up to 25 years.
- Coordinate and facilitate financial competency programs for youth.
- Coordinate and facilitate how youth will obtain personal documents (social security cards, birth certificates etc.)
- Plan and coordinate local events to educate the community.
- Develop, market and manage Open Arms drop-in center.
- Identify, recruit, train and manage drop-in center and TAY volunteers.
- Input data into data management system.
- Speak at local events and to community groups.
- Complete weekly and monthly grant program reports.
- Responsible for Social Media postings on Facebook and other sites.
- Attend community meetings and promote agency trainings
- Understanding the dynamics of trauma informed care and harm reduction.
- Excellent understanding and application of Zoom, PowerPoint, Excel, Social Media and Microsoft Office
- Create Open Arms flyers and brochures.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|