POSITION: Social Worker – MSW
LOCATION: San Bernardino City, CA
REPORTS TO: Program Manager – Our House Program
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Schedule is 8 hours a day; from Monday to Friday
HOURLY RATE: Range is $30 to $35 an hour, depending on experience. After passing successfully probation period benefits will include: sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus an optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: The overarching goal of this position is to help people foster their capacities and coping mechanisms in order to improve and better their daily lives. Under general supervision by the Manager of Youth Services, the Social Worker Therapist will provide comprehensive supportive services to eligible children and their families along with training and on call support for staff. The Social Worker develops and provides appropriate clinical interventions designed to reduce stress, promote client and staff safety, and increase client stability. This role promotes strengths-based approaches to service delivery that encourage functioning in the program and educational environments.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to HR Department, via email to HR@familyassist.org
Opening Date: 11/30/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan, coordinate, manage and implement support packages, and acting as problem-solving resource for difficult cases
- Create a wellness programs designed to prioritize both employee health and overall client wellness
- Address each client case with site managers and staff while acting as a key-worker and cooperate with multidisciplinary teams
- Interview clients and assess their current condition, needs, strengths and weaknesses
- Measures and assess impact of services; supports and participates in key elements of the program’s success
- Monitor and evaluate clients’ progress and modify treatment plans accordingly
- Maintain accurate records and report on clients’ status in Apricot system
- Intake, assessments, service planning, service delivery, and goal attainment
- Ensures quality service to program clients.
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with community partners
- Other duties as directed to accomplish program goals.
- Master degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Proven work experience as a social worker
- Working knowledge of social theories and practices
- Social perceptiveness and empathy
- Ability to build and maintain professional helping relationships
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse population and groups
- Resilience along with ability to assess situations
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, preferred.
- Pass a back-ground check, and Physical & TB test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|