POSITION: Rental Assistance Advocate
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $ 17 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: Paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Assist households that are unable to pay rent or utilities. Provide rent subsidies and move-in costs. Work with residential property owners, landlords, participants, and advocating for each client throughout the process of securing stable and sustainable housing. The housing facilities will be inspected bi-weekly by the Advocates.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Erick Barker our Program Manager, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advocates will work with local property owners and low-income housing providers to build lasting partnerships
- Advocates will coordinate rental assistance and utility assistance services.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.