Rental Assistance Advocate – TAY
POSITION: Rental Assistance Advocate
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $18 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: Paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Assist TAY youth with housing services. Provide rent subsidies and move-in costs. Work with residential property owners, landlords, participants, and advocating for each client throughout the process of securing stable and sustainable housing. Provide Case Management, Employment and Financial Assistance to participants.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Tracey Rick, our Program Manager, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Date: 2/15/2022
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Advocates will work with local property owners and low-income housing providers to build lasting partnerships
- Advocates will coordinate rental assistance and utility assistance services.
- Advocates will assistant TAY youth with needs to move to independent living.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and spreadsheets.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|