POSITION: Program Manager – Next Step
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
LOCATION: San Bernardino City, CA
HOURS: This is a full-time exempt position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of the programs with some evenings and weekends will be required.
SALARY: $58,240 annually, benefits will include: 10 paid vacation days annually, paid holidays, paid sick days plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Overseeing the entire Next Step program including: managing staff, working with landlords, grants management, meeting with County Supervisors including the Director of the Department of Probation and the Director of Department of Parole and any other key community partners. To continue to develop Next Step programs in order to provide support services to empower men and women on probation and parole to find strength, stability and success.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Yvette Abreo, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Date: 9/3/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Implement and monitor all grant related requirements for Next Step programs.
- Empower program participants to fulfill their probation/ parole requirements and successfully complete program
- Recruits, supervises, and evaluates direct report staff.
- Assist in developing, modifying and implementing programs and new procedures including volunteer programs
- Develops housing locations including sourcing units, maintaining landlord relationships, providing property management services, and ensuring that all activities align with Next Steps Programs
- Prepare all new units for occupancy, including completing inspections, ordering furnishings, setting up utilities, coordinating leases, facilitating unit walk-throughs/viewings.
- Participate in committee and task force meetings to resolve issues in delivery of services and operations.
- Collect and maintain program data to prepare and submit required grant reports.
- Serve as a liaison between Family Assistance Program and government and community agencies.
- Coordinate programs with other directors and outside service groups.
- Supervises staff to ensure accomplishment of grant-stated program goals and objectives.
- Interpret and apply all applicable regulations, policies and procedures relevant to the San Bernardino County’s Department of Probation.
- Develop and implement training and treatment programs.
- Provides on-going training for staff regarding delivery of grant requirements.
- Assists staff to develop individualized goals and objectives to accomplish yearly overall program goals.
- Ensure that goals and objectives are in alignment with following agency’s mission.
- Evaluates direct reports performance in a timely manner.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in psychology, social work, business or public administration, or closely related field or three years of work experience in social services programs
- Two years of work experience serving as program manager in any of the following areas of social services, including probation, parole, mental health, mentoring, homelessness, substance use diversion, public speaking, self-advocacy, or client empowerment (preferred)
- Property management experience (working with Master/Corporate leases preferred)
- Strong conflict resolution and de-escalation skills and the ability to work with challenging client behaviors with compassion, patience, and personal boundaries.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies relevant to the San Bernardino County Department of Probation (preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, preferred.
- Pass a back-ground check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|