POSITION: Community Engagement Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino City
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $18 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Develop relationships with community partners and facilitate community trainings. Identify, train, and manage volunteers. Connect with community partners and social service agencies to raise awareness of human trafficking and increase publicity for programs and services offered by Open Door.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Dianne Amato, our Program Manager, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 08/02/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work with human trafficking advocates to identify needs of clients and develop relationships with community partners able to meet those needs.
- Identify, coordinate, and facilitate Human Trafficking Awareness trainings
- Coordinate and facilitate quarterly 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate trainings.
- Plan and coordinate local events to educate the community.
- Develop relationships with local businesses in the San Bernardino area.
- Identify, recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Input data into data management system.
- Speak at local events and to community groups.
- Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
- Responsible for Social Media posting on Facebook and other sites.
- Attend community meetings and promote agency trainings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding the dynamics of human trafficking.
- Completion of the 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate Training (Within 90 days of hire)
- Create Open Door flyers and brochures.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
- Extensive understanding of human trafficking
- Experience working with victims of human trafficking
- Completion of the 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate Training
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|