POSITION: Outreach Advocate – Open Arms Program
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino City, CA
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $18 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Planning and coordinating outreach activities promoting engagement of at-risk youth and their families in the community and increasing youth access to opportunities. Works independently, and as part of a team, in providing holistic and comprehensive case management and crisis intervention services to Transition Aged Youth (TAY), homeless and runaway minors, and at-risk youth. Work with staff at the Drop-in Center to develop and implement group activity and recreational therapeutic activities. Develop and maintain linkages to other community programs and agencies to facilitate contacts and services for youth.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to HR Department via email HR@familyassist.org
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 12/03/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Meeting with clients weekly, creating and maintaining individual client goals.
- Connect client with needed and available community resources. Follow-up with client and agencies to document use/success of referral.
- Provide crisis intervention and guidance to homeless and at-risk youth.
- Work with volunteers and staff at the Drop-In Center to develop and implement therapeutic recreational activities.
- Facilitate outreach activities off-site in high priority communities and/or neighborhood locations or settings. Focused identifying referral services for youth and include the support, encouragement and motivation necessary to help youth to make use of those referrals.
- Work with staff and volunteers to assist clients and perform outreach activities.
- Provide a linkage between Street Outreach and the Drop-In Center.
- Provide services in a trauma-informed manner that expedite the meeting of contract requirements and program outcomes.
- Develop linkages with community agencies as a means to coordinate services and increase youth activity at the Drop-In Center.
- Notify Drop-In Center Manager of any issues that arise of a serious nature which occurs with clients, staff, or volunteers.
- Liaise with and consult to the community and other service providers as required regarding the particular needs of at-risk youth.
- Ensuring all data, forms, reports and necessary documentation are accurate and submitted within established timelines.
- Function as a form of “host” at the Drop-In Center.
- Other tasks assigned by the manager.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high-risk population.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Positive group facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to establish rapport.
- Ability to motivate youth towards achieving their goals.
- Completion of 40-hour domestic violence training
- Ability to complete the required training and incorporate the techniques taught
- Must be able to pass CPR and First Aid Training
- Pass a background check and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and working vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|