POSITION: Maintenance Worker
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino City, CA
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $19 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: General maintenance and minor repairs at agency facilities while maintaining a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for both staff and clients. Pick- up and deliver donations as needed and help clients move in/out of housing.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Devin Baze, our Maintenance Manager, via email email@example.com
Opening Date: 6/17/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Light household maintenance and minor repairs as needed.
- Cleaning parking lots and grounds of litter.
- Lawn care including mowing, raking, watering, etc.
- Pick-up and delivery of household items.
- Assist with client moves.
- Sort donations as needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work efficiently, independently, function with minimal supervision, and work as a team.
- Basic knowledge of household maintenance, building repairs, cleaning, and other maintenance work.
- Have basic maintenance/repair tools (hammer, screwdriver, etc.).
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Have safe and reliable transportation (truck/van preferred)
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.