POSITION: Human Trafficking Shelter Staff
REPORTS TO: Human Trafficking Advocate Supervisor
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $15 to $16 an hour, depending on experience. After 90-day probation period benefits will include: sick and vacation time, 10 paid holidays, plus employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Provide direct services and advocacy for victims of human trafficking. Job site is in San Bernardino.
This position will perform a variety of tasks geared towards assisting clients. These tasks will include, but not be limited to encouraging and supporting clients in their individual treatment plans, transportation to appointments and grocery shopping, and other daily tasks.
Knowledge of human trafficking and previous experience working with victims of human trafficking preferred. Completion of 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate Training preferred (if not, will provide training once hired). Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office along with computer skills. Must have a valid Driver’s License and can pass a background check.
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform initial consultation and evaluation of victims of human trafficking.
- Respond to hot line calls that come into shelter.
- Conduct weekly/monthly case management.
- Provide transportation when needed.
- Identify and address physical and mental health issues.
- Identify and address other needs of clients making appropriate referrals.
- Input client data into data management system.
- Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
- Positively promote the agency in the community.
- Grocery Shopping
- Other assignments and duties as needed.
- Understanding the dynamics of working with victims of human trafficking.
- Understanding trauma informed care
- Completion of 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate Training (if not, will provide training once hired).
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|