Human Trafficking Shelter Advocate
POSITION: Human Trafficking Shelter Advocate
REPORTS TO: Shelter Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino City, CA
HOURS: We are looking to fill a full-time and a part-time shelter advocate position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, evenings, graveyards and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $18 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Open Door’s Safe House offers the opportunity to work for an organization that is dedicated to providing emergency support services to victims of Human Trafficking. The role of shelter advocate will oversee the safety and security of all Safe House participants. The individual in this position will also be accountable for: 1.) Answering and screening of hotline calls. 2.) Providing resources, referrals and crisis intervention. 3.) Complete intake forms for newly accepted participants. 4.) Respond to participant needs during scheduled shift
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to HR Department, via email HR@familyassist.org
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 6/17/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Enforce Safe House Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Conduct property searches of new intakes
- Data input for all services rendered for each individual participant
- Daily wellbeing check-ins with all Safe House participants
- Transportation to participant’s essential appointments
- Supervise volunteers as needed
- Maintain a tidy work environment
- Preserve confidentiality of all participant, staff and agency information
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with all participants and staff
- Perform initial consultation and evaluation of victims of human trafficking.
- Respond to hot line calls that come into shelter.
- Conduct weekly/monthly case management.
- Identify and address physical and mental health issues.
- Identify and address other needs of clients making appropriate referrals.
- Input client data into data management system.
- Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
- Positively promote the agency in the community.
- Grocery Shopping
- Other assignments and duties as needed.
- Represent the agency in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Completion of the 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate Training
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|