POSITION: Human Trafficking Advocate
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino City, CA
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required. Will need to be on-call at least 1 day each week.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $18 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Provide direct case management services and advocacy of human trafficking.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Dianne Amato, our Program Manager, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 6/17/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform initial consultation and evaluation of victims of human trafficking.
- Be on-call to respond to emergency needs of victims.
- Conduct weekly/monthly case management.
- Escort victims to court and other appointments when needed.
- Identify and address physical and mental health issues.
- Identify and address other needs of clients making appropriate referrals.
- Assist with support groups.
- Assist with trainings and speaking engagement to educate on human trafficking.
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator with training of volunteers.
- Input client data into data management system.
- Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
- Positively promote the agency in the community.
- On Call duties once a month for the week.
- Other assignments and duties as needed.
- Extensive understanding of human trafficking
- Experience working with victims of human trafficking
- Completion of the 40-hour Human Trafficking Advocate Training
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|