POSITION: Human Resources Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Generalist
LOCATION: Victorville, CA
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Schedule is 8 hours a day; from Monday to Friday.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $18 – $20 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day probation period, benefits will include: paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. Research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Maggie Younan, our HR Generalist, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Date: 8/23/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 2 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability