POSITION: Health Advocate
REPORTS TO: Health Access Program Manager
HOURS: Full-Time Position/Weekends and evenings are required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $21 – $22 an hour. After the 90-day probation period benefits will include: sick and vacation time, 11 paid holidays, plus employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Provide mobile nonclinical and clinical health screening services, referrals, and health education to adults and children at partner sites across San Bernardino County including frequent one-on-one client assessments. • Coordinate and schedule clinical services provided by health partners and confirm services are provided. • Document services in system databases. • Maintain clean driving record, keep company vehicle clean and report maintenance issues/auto repair issues to agency in written form. • Complete weekly timecards and mileage log as applicable for driving between sites during health screening activities.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Health Advocate must have the ability to work as a team member with community partners from other social service agencies, physicians, clinics and hospitals. Provide health education and motivation enabling adults and children to better their health by obtaining health services and implementing lifestyle changes including maintaining access to health and dental insurance and where possible connection to a medical home. In addition to serving as a health advocate to adults and children, the advocate will also serve as a representative of Family Assistance Program and a liaison with other service providers. Ability to develop and maintain professional and cooperative working relationships with staff, business professionals and other agencies in the community is required.
• Attend partner meetings and educate to build relationships of trust for referrals for service.
• This position will work with partner staff including case managers and involve frequent travel to partner sites serving San Bernardino County
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 2 years’ health care experience including performing basic health screenings, vitals, familiarity with Medi-Cal health insurance and physician community clinic and hospital settings providing primary and urgent care
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; Computer and word processing skills.
• Fingerprinting, law enforcement, and child protection background checks required.
• Must have reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance to provide services listed above; a clean DMV record and current California Driver’s License. Must be current with Covid vaccinations. The Family Assistance Program is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
Please send resume to: HR@familyassist.org and Kevin@Familyassist.org.