Employment Assistance Specialist
POSITION: Employment Assistance Specialist
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: San Bernardino
HOURS: This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday thru Thursday 6am to 5pm or Tuesday-Friday 6am-5pm.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $18.00 to $20 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully completing 90-day introductory period, benefits will include: Paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: Assess program participants need of long-term employment as well as weekly/monthly employment case management. Work with employers to advocate for participants to secure stable employment. Initiate in house and external referrals for employment opportunities. Being a part of daily/weekly job listing notification services. Keeping up to date spreadsheets on current open job positions. Motivate participants to search for employment opportunities. Implement strategies or tasks that will assist clients in reaching their employment goals. Regularly update program records, document case notes, services, and referrals provided in the Apricot system. Update and record all progress and documentation in Apricot database. And other duties as needed.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Dianne Amato, our Program Manager for San Bernardino Area, via email email@example.com
Opening Date: 01/01/2023
Closing Date: Until positions are filled
- Assist Clients with identifying and securing long term employment.
- Assist with job training and resume writing.
- Monitor and sign up for multiple email lists for job openings.
- Provide weekly/Monthly updates for participants as well as progress reports
- Assist participants with establishing SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) goals.
- Collaborate with local employers to help match participants with job openings.
- Regularly update records, document case notes, services, and referrals provided in the Apricot system
- Assisting participants with preparing for job interviews. This includes what to wear, how to act, and what questions may be asked.
- Assisting participants with preparing for job interviews.
- Contacting clients before an interview to help with any additional questions and encourage them about their interview.
- Initiate in-house and external referrals for employment opportunities.
- And other duties as needed
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units, and to different business locations during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination and be willing to complete the vaccine processes through the 1st booster.