POSITION: Domestic Violence Shelter Staff
REPORTS TO: Shelter Manager
LOCATION: Victorville, CA
HOURS: This is a part-time position. Hours will fluctuate based on needs of clients, some evenings and weekends will be required.
HOURLY RATE: Range is $16 – $18 an hour, depending on Experience. After successfully passing probation period, benefits will include: sick and vacation time, paid holidays, plus optional employee health insurance plan.
BASIC DUTIES: The Hope House advocate is expected to assist victims of domestic violence, also promoting trust and communication while the victim is in the shelter. Provide participants with a multitude of services that will help them learn new skills to live a violent free life.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with a cover letter to Tracey Rick, our Program Manager, via email to email@example.com
SURVIVORS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Opening Date: 6/25/2021
Closing Date: until job is filled
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assisting victims of domestic violence and promoting trust and communication while the victim is in the shelter.
- Provide participants with a multitude of services that will help them learn new skills to live a violent free life.
- Completing intake and discharge paperwork,
- Responsible for crisis hotline calls,
- Supervising and helping with daily chores and facilitate group classes
- Assist participants navigate through the legal system with obtain restraining orders, and maintaining client files and inputting data.
- Must have a genuine respect for and interest in families of diverse racial and ethnic identity;
- Must have an ability to form a supportive relationship with our participants and their children.
- Ability to put into practice all aspects of Trauma Informed Approach (training will be provided) and advocate for our participants.
- Must be able and willing to provide emergency hotline advocacy and crisis intervention.
- Ability to complete the required training and incorporate the techniques taught.
- Must be able to pass CPR and First Aid Training, must maintain participant confidentially.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work as a team.
- High School diploma required, upper level education desired but not required.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Pass a background check, and be open and honest about any convictions.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle with a valid registration and insurance, have a good driving record, and be willing to travel between offices and units during the workday.
- Have received at least the first dose of Covid-19 vaccination at employment time.
Family Assistance Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on experience, training, and ability work without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, marital status, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability.
|Job Category||Previous Job Openings|